Summit Safety Guide
While the risk from coronavirus remains low in the U.S., we ask that you take the following simple precautions to maintain a safe and healthful environment at Summit 2020.
1. Summit 2020 will be a handshake-free event. Out of an abundance of caution, we urge all attendees to refrain from shaking hands.
2. Wash your hands often and long. Soap and water is a most effective deterrent; make sure you cleanse with both for at least 30 seconds.
3. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Use a facial tissue and discard it properly after use.
4. Use hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. Both are available throughout the hotel and convention center. Use them to clean your hands and to disinfect your phone, keyboard, mouse and common surfaces like desks and door handles.
5. Avoid close contact with people exhibiting cold or flu symptoms. Should you feel ill yourself, please remain in your hotel room and call the hotel operator.
AVB is working closely with the Venetian Resort Las Vegas to assure that proper health precautions are taken and that a high level of cleanliness and safety protocols are maintained. The hotel has a disinfectant procedure in place for daytime and nightly cleanings throughout Summit that adheres to guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD). In addition, screening procedures established by the CDC may be conducted on-site throughout the show.
AVB will continue to actively monitor the COVID-19 situation based on the latest information from the CDC, EPA, SNHD and the World Health Organization (WHO), and will provide health updates throughout Summit to all attendees upon request.
Remember, the safety and wellbeing of our members, partners and employees remain our No. 1 priority, and we ask your assistance in assuring a fun, fruitful and rewarding Summit 2020 event.